Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Showing up - Phap Huu


LET THAT NEGATIVE ENERGY BE YOUR BELL OF MINDFULNESS

Phap Huu, Aug 8, 2024

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY1rtPBPA5g&t=2095s

00:22:47

being because children they are like a sponge that
soak up what is present for them they learn not only by the
words but they learn by the presence of each and every one of
us and each and every one of us our actions become a
transmission our contribution to teaching already begins by action - just by showing up.

so in the orientation I am sure we
have been invited to slow down give ourselves this permission
while we're in Plum Village to slow down we have um the the habit of being
in gear five all the time in society and coming into a
retreat we have an aspiration to live deeply each moment to be mindful of our
actions

but to help us to intentionally help us do this we have to intentionally also
slow ourself down in order to feel what is there in the present
moment yesterday I had a talk with some friends and they shared brother I just
arrived and I'm so tired is this normal why do I want to sleep all the time
I said it is absolutely normal it's because you've finally given